Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

“For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson


The night is late. The turkey and all its accompaniments are eaten or stored away. I finally have a quiet moment to contemplate on what this day means to me and just what am I grateful for.

I am thankful for health, so that I can provide for my extraordinary family. I am thankful for the love of a marvelous woman who has given me more joy than I know how to express. I am thankful to live in the land of my fathers. I am thankful that men brave in both word and deed took up pen and sword to endeavor mightily for the cause of Liberty. I am thankful that there are men and women who live today that still believe in Liberty's beauty and raise their voices so others might hear and see that the struggle is not over, nor will it ever be. I am thankful that it isn't to late to grasp the tiller and correct our course. I am thankful for the friendships I have made throughout my life; they have brought me solace in the hard times, someone to laugh with in the good, taught me invaluable lessons and made me a better man by telling me the things I didn't want to hear, but needed to. God has greatly blessed me and I thank Him.

No comments: