Tuesday, November 14, 2006

They went that way

I thought I would bring the caliber of my blog up a notch or two by adding a couple of links to a few folks that I respect and enjoy visiting. I plan on making this a continued effort as I come across sites that I like – there are fewer than you might think. Mr. Barry Eisler is a best selling author of a great series of books containing a multifaceted character named John Rain. Did I mention that Mr. Rain knows more ways to kill ya than Paris Hilton knows low-light positions? If you want a good read, pick up an Eisler book.

Then we come to Mr. Bean; there isn't a whole lot I am going to say about this gentleman as I don't want to ruin the surprise. I have never met him personally but I would definitely buy him a beer or six should we ever cross paths. Don't let his Rebel Yell fool ya, this man is sharp. (Don't tell him I told ya though :-))

If you want to go to a one-of-a-kind site on self defense, I recommend no nonsense self defense. These folks know what they are talking about and this site if full of enough useful information to keep a layman like myself busy for some time. They will not give you directions on how to construct a Kusari gama, get all dressed up in black silk P.J.s and take out an army of booger eaters. But, they will give you honest, clear and accurate information on protecting yourself and the ones you hold dear. These folks have been there and done that. No T-shirts, sorry. They are good people and you can only learn by going there.

That should be enough to get ya started. Talk to ya soon.

No comments: