Sunday, December 31, 2006

CO2

A quick update on the cider batch. Tipping up a bottle of the home-brew revealed that the taste is much the same as previously noted. It is only lightly carbonated which is not what I had expected. With the amount of priming sugar that I added, I expected the cider to have more bubbly than it does. I am not sure if it is because I did not let the bottles sit at room temperature for a few days before I threw it in the vertical basement or there is some other contributing factor.

Don't get me wrong, it is completely drinkable. The results just don't match the predicted outcome. I am going to let it rest for another couple of weeks and see if it gets more carbonated as time goes on. You will be the second to know.

Yes, the absence of nicotine appears to be directly related to writer's block. So what? That's right... back away slowly... At this point I can and will bite.

No comments: