Monday, November 27, 2006

A redneck and his crayon

I like to doodle a bit. Just thought I would throw up a couple of scanned doodles I enjoyed doing. I found an excellent book on the subject that can show even a redneck how to at least make something recognizable. How to Draw Lifelike Portraits from Photographs, by Lee Hamond. I wouldn't say they are anywhere near lifelike, but at least they don't look Klingon. :-)



The hardest part about this second one was convincing the wife it was all in the name of art. No, it isn't my wife you pervert. The photo came from an old issue of Playboy. Do you have any idea the resolve it took to go through all of those magazine photos until I found just the right one? Dedication, my friend. Dedication. ;-)




A long way to go before I can call it art, but it's enjoyable. See, I told you this would be a hodge-podge site.

1 comment:

Alan Deal said...

Lol! Thanks, Dave.

I am with ya on the abstract shit. I just need to figure out their angle. I mean why can't I take a dump on a canvas and get a cool mil for it?

Thanks for the kind words bro, I really appreciate it.