Saturday, December 23, 2006

Bah Humbug

When will the lunacy end? Has this country become completely unhinged? I used to laugh when someone would say, “What if what you considered to be normal, was suddenly thought of as insane?”

The phrase “common sense” is dead – sense isn't common at all these days. I will readily admit that I am not the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer, but these people are simply non compos mentis!

4 -year-old Accused of Improperly Touching Teacher – So let me get this straight, a young boy wishes show his affection or, more likely, feel a semblance of security in an alien environment and attempts to hug an adult. The adult has either a serious case of narcissism or is carrying around a trunk full of psychosis and accuses the lad of making sexual advances? Really? A four year old trying to motor-boat your mamms and it is perfectly reasonable to charge him with sexual deviance? And the school administration has their head so far up their ass that they removed the “sexual contact” but left “inappropriate physical contact” on his record?

Maryland 5-Year-Old Accused Of Pinching Buttocks – this case a boy plays a little grab-ass and they say it fits the bill for sexual harassment. I guess I should count myself lucky that I wasn't caught behind the portable in first grade, showing Susy mine after she showed me hers.

First Grade Suspened for Harassment – and another


Moving on to a different topic. How about the Veterans Affairs Secretary, Jim Nicolson, having to drop his trousers so his voice wouldn't be muffled.

VA Head: Draft Beneficial to Society – the draft would be beneficial, but you don't support it?! Is there some 3 barbiturate minimum one must consume before this starts to make sense? Sober, this sounds like more of the “smoking, but not inhaling” spew.

Yes, yes, let us all go back to a happier time where slavery was a perfectly viable option for a country to impose upon its citizens. I am sure we can come up with a catchy phrase to replace “indentured servitude”. After all, according to Mr. Nicolson, the Draft would be the only way to bring up the muddled quality quotient that our “volunteer” military has so addled.

If we are not smart enough to know when the time is right to answer the “horns of war”, by swearing ourselves in voluntarily, just what kind of military are we going to get by Uncle Sam forcing us into it? I suppose it is some of that there “fuzzy logic” that this southerner just can't grasp.

Even more on this subject over at the Blue Collar Republican.

For dessert, it looks like we are off to a running start for “the most open and ethical Congress in history”. I feel better already. Don't you?

Now that I am good and Scrooged up, I am going to go sate my rancor with a cold one or three. Good Night.

No comments: